Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Death Dealer- Heather Graham

I went and picked this book up from the library b/c it was on the "new" shelf. I started reading it and felt like I was missing something. There were all these references to things in the past, and I felt like they were things I should of known. Unfortunately it was during the time we were without power due to Ike, so I couldn't run to the internet to see if this book was a sequal. I put the book down b/c I didn't want to read it until I knew for sure.

I was able to get the internet up on my phone and realized that yes, indeed, it was a sequal. I raced to the library the next day and got the first book "The dead room". I love Heather Graham's books so I knew it wouldn't take me long to get into it. I love the thriller/suspense/romance. I finished it and immediately went back and finished the The Death Dealer.

I liked the series, BUT I usually have a huge problem when a main character (especially one I like) dies. which was the case. I did enjoy the romance that went on with Joe and Leslie, despite the fact she was in love with his (dead) cousin. But I felt like he was too noble with Gen. He just let her believe he wasn't interested. I think there could of been more of him morning Leslie a bit and a bit more insight as to why he hadn't tried anything with Gen after over a year. I dunno, maybe it was just me. I'm the hopeless romantic :)

Overall the series was good. I'm hoping there will be more in the series, about Adam or even Niki and Brent. What's their story?

~danielle~

No comments: