Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Deadly Gamble- Linda Lael Miller

Deadly Gamble was very different from the usual writings of Linda Lael Miller. I almost stopped reading it b/c I find it deficult to read books where people can talk to the dead. But I continued on because I've always enjoyed her books and figured I'd give it a chance.

I loved it!! "Mojo" as the character was called was an interesting character. She didn't remember her past so things about her were kind of Shady. I liked her on again off again boyfriend, Tucker. I thought the relationship she had with her dead ex-husband, Nick and the cat Chester was interesting. Like I said, I don't usually read books where people talk to the dead, but it was almost believeable in a sense that she could communicate with spiritual beings.

I had to laugh a few times when outsiders (those who coudln't see see/communicate) would catch her talk to the spirits, and it looked like she was talking to herself! She would get angry and yell at the air. It was a good laugh.

I'm going to get the 2nd book Deadly Deception from the Marshall Library on Friday. I hope it's as good as the first one. Plus I need to know if her and Tucker can work things out!

~danielle~

No comments: