Monday, January 26, 2009
1. There are certain things that only I can do. I hate to say that I do them right or better, but sometimes that is just the case, for instance, don't help me fold the laundry. I can't help myself, but if it isn't folded the way I do it, it's wrong. Poor Mikie, he tries to help, but half the time I refold things that he hands me. Most of the time, I don't even realize I've done it until it's done. It's not OCD, it's just a control thing!
2. I like to be planned. I like to know what's going to happen, when it's going to happen and how it's going to happen. I'm very much a schedule person. I can't just up and go do things on the fly. I don't like surprises b/c I can't plan for them.
3. I love to swim. When I'm swimming I feel like I'm flying or that I'm free. My body is weightless and I just have this feeling that nothing else can compare to. I can swim all 4 strokes and I can teach them. My favorite is the backstroke followed by the butterfly. I HATE the breaststroke b/c it's the only stroke that you remain flat while doing.
4. I hate mornings. I would stay up all night long if I could just sleep in the next morning. I seem to get so much more accomplished if I stay up late and get up later. Ugh!
5. My favorite HS experience was when I went to one of the teaching hospitals in Virginia for Bio II senimar class and we were able to "play" with a cadavar. Emily Lord and I were the only 2 girls that would get anywhere near the body. Who knew the lungs felt like a sponge? Who knew the heart slid all around in the paricardiam? It was the coolest thing every.
6. I wish that I didn't have a fear of blood. I would make a really good EMT. I'm really good in the heat of the moment. I can remain calm and rational. It's just ashame blood makes me nauseous!
7. I've done CPR before on a baby for 15 minutes. Unfortunately the baby had been gone too long and I wasn't able to save her. She and I shared the same birthday and her name started with a D (Denise).
8. I am a crafter. I love to knit, crochet and scrapbook. I don't sew well though and hope that one day I can get better at it!
9. I would like to go skiing one day! I hate the snow, but want to go skiing atleast once!
10. When I get mad/angry/upset, I get quiet. Not b/c I might explode but b/c I don't want to say or do anything before I have a chance to think about it. This sometimes drives people crazy when they want to hash out the issue right then and there.
11. I am OCD when it comes to my bed. The blankets/sheets cannot be hanging off the bed. My feet can NOT hang out of the covers at the end of the bed. If the bed is not made right, I have to take it apart and make it up again. This drives my hubby crazy b/c he'd be just fine with a fitted sheet and to curl up under one blanket, even if his feet stick out!
12. I'm always cold. My hands and feet are the first thing to be cold. Once that happens, it's over!
13. I was diagnosed with endometriosis at the age of 21. I have been complaining about it since I was 16 when my appendix mysteriously went "bad" and had to be removed. Endo on the appendix maybe?
14. I was a band dork! I spent middle school and high school in the band and the marching band. My mom had me in piano lessons at age 5. I wish I stayed with it b/c I love the piano!
15. I never took an art class in high school. I didn't decide until after my first semester of college that I wanted to be an art major. I can't draw, but I can create some really neat things on the computer!
16. Snakes give me the heebie-geebies. I can't function when I see one. I get hot and shaky. I have no idea why.
17. My house is always a mess. It doesn't matter how many times I vaccum or how many times I pick up toys. You will find toys and dog/cat hair in my house!
18. I want to adopt a kiddo one day! My sister is adopted from South Korea and it was the coolest experience.
19. I want to do barrels in a rodeo one day. I'd even like to try pole bending and roping, even just for fun.
20. I suck at crossword puzzels. I'm just not good at riddles.
21. Harry Potter was the first fantasy book I'd ever read.
22. Math and Science are my worst subjects. I LOVE science but I had to work really hard in those two areas in school.
23. I swam with the manatees in Flordia with my family right after my freshmen year in HS. I Loved it. I'd love to swim with the dolphins next. If they'd let me, I'd even swim with the Killer whales!
24. I will never understand why my hubby gets up at 4am, in the freezing cold to go hunting. I guess hunting to my husband is like the thrill I get over new yarn.
25. I love yarn. I have bags upon bags of yarn. Sometimes I buy it without having a project in mind. Half of the yarn I currently have, I have no idea what to do with. I knit a lot of charity but I can't seem to use up what I have before more accumulates.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
I found 2 pairs of nice dress maternity pants today! They only cost 28 bucks for BOTH of them. I'm not ready to wear them yet, but I know one morning I'll get up to go substitue teach and I wont have a pair of pants to wear! It's amazing how one day you can wear regular pants and the next day, they just aren't comfy!
I'm bored. I want to game and do things like that but the game can give me motion sickness and that makes it hard when you're already sick! GAR. What am I supposed to do with myself? Mikie is engrossed with warhammer (which is totally ok). I just don't know what to do with myself!
Any suggestions on how to occupy myself? Usually I watch a movie and knit/crochet or I read. But how much of that can one person handle? Gosh I hope I don't end up on bedrest. Mikie will have to provide or get some entertainment (nothing like that you dirty minded readers!). Off to veg and to pretend like I'm content doing NOTHING!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
The set me up in the ultrasound room. I meet Dr. Gaskins for the first time and I REALLY like him. He spent the time reading my files from yesterday's visit as well as my last pregnancy (from my old doctor). He listened to me and was very nice about how he explained things and was trying to make sense of everything.
He finally came to the conclusion that the ER doctor's were incorrect. I did NOT lose a twin. I was actually bleeding from the cervix and NOT the uterus. My cervix was completely closed and there wasn't any fluids leaking from it. He said my cervix was VERY swollen. He did my pap and said he had a hard time getting a good sample b/c I bled when he use the swab. He decided to cauterize my cervix to help control the bleeding. We did an ultrasound and the baby was measuring right on schedule. The baby was moving "vigoriously" as the doctor put it and felt reasonably sure the baby was ok at this point in time.
He scheduled me an appointment in 4 weeks to have another ultrasound done to make sure he still didn't see any problems.
I really liked him. He was gentle and very willing to listen to me, my thoughts and my feelings. He also gave me an ultrasound picture, which sealed the deal :)
So. I have to relax the next few days and watch for bleeding. Take it easy all that good stuff. So here's to bigger smiles and better days.
I went home with intentions of doing more cleaning and decided I was just going to sit and knit and watch more of the parade and such yesterday. I went outside to talk to the neighbor and came in to realize I was bleeding. I immediatly called Mikie and told him to meet me at the hospital in Marshall and then called an ambulance. Gee I seem to always make a specticule of myself.
I wasn't in any pain and arrived at the hopsital in about 40 minutes from my call (no lights or sirens) and was immediately set up into a room. They did a bunch of blood work and urine samples and then sent me to have a sonogram. There we were able to see a baby and a heartbeat. The baby was measuring about 8w1d, which is really close to the 8w5d we are saying. I was sent back to my room while the radiologist read over the ultrasound.
The doctor comes in and says that he has some bad news and some good news. My heart fell at that point in time. He proceeded to explain that I was pregnant with twins but that one of the baby's wasn't viable or that it terminated but that the other baby looks good and healthy for the stage that it is. First I thought he was lying to me b/c the ultrasound chick didn't say anything to me.
So here were are, shocked. We were pregnant with twins, lost one but we still have one. Blessed of course. They did a female exam to make sure the cervix was closed, which it was. I was released, but not before they handed me a prescription and said "btw you have a UTI". Hmm I didn't know that!
I am to follow up with my doctor today, which is when I orignially had an appointment. I'm nervous!
What a LONG day.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Mikie says there was christmas music on and he was singing and out of no where Lane yells "Hey daddy there's two hookers." My husband gets this confused look at his face (this is how he relays the story to me) trying to figure out how Lane would know what hookers looked like. Mikie asked him what in the world he was talking about? Lane said ya know dad, hookers! So curiousity wins out and Mikie starts looking around for these "hookers". Still confused he asks again, "Lane where do you see two hookers." Lane gets up and points to this truck and says "dad over there in that truck, there is two hookers".
Finally the "hookers" were revealed. On the back of the truck in front of the car were two ball-hitches. Lane thinks they are called "hookers" b/c they "hook" the trailer to the truck......
Thought you'd get a good laugh at my kiddo!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
I had my intake appointment on Wednesday. They took blood and all my vitals. I'm alive, that's good to know! I have an appointment to see the doctor on wednesday. I spoke to him personally after my appointment on wednesday. He asked me to get my files from my last doctor so he can see exactly what the doctor noted and what happened in a doctor's words versus what I relaid to him! I took care of all the paperwork on Friday and hopefully he will have time to review the file before I see him on Wednesday. I'm a bit nervous about the appointment but happy that he's interested enough to look over old files and to learn/educate himself about my last pregnancy!
I've gained 3 lbs. I'm sure it's mostly in the boobs. The girls are growing at an alarming rate. I'm concerned..... I know with Lane I needed a reduction. I was hoping to get away from that this time.
The nausea comes and goes. Some days are better than others! Today I made spaghetti. It wasn't as good as my dad's but it was ohhh so good! Ground deer makes SUCH tender meat and it's healthier for you as well.
I think we have agreed on baby names. It's amazing since it was almost last minute before we agreed on lane. If it's a boy it will be Wyatt, if it's a girl it'll be Julie or Jenna. Lane of course wants a brother, although he's convince there MUST be a baby growing in his tummy as well. Kiddos are so cute!
I finished knitting on 2 baby blankets for charity and got them in the mail yesterday. I have 2 oddball pet snuggles to knit on, one of which I'll be sending to Best Friends with some home made catnip toys and a parrot sweater! Charity work is such a great feeling and since I don't have a lot of money atleast I can donate my time and talent!
Ugh. My sinuses are killing me. I guess I'm going to have to go to the doctor. I don't know what to take and I'm tired of not being able to breathe!
Going to take a warm bath and then curl up with my book. I finished the Twilight series. I LOVED it. I can't wait to see the movie! I'm currently reading "A Cedar Cove Christmas" by Debbie Macomber! Next will be a McKettrick Christmas by Linda Lael Miller!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Well I thought I things all planned out and then a curve ball gets thrown in. I am pregnant. Now it's not a total surprise as we have been trying, or rather not, not trying. But these things take time and it's not something you can always plan! I am due August 27th. I'm 7w3d, nauseous and nervous!
I've decided to put off going to school. Although the majority of the classes were online, I would still have to do the in the classroom portion at the end. I can't see paying on loans for something I'm not ready to use yet. I'm going to defer and look at going next spring/summer.
So as plans change and my mindset changes I'm excited and nervous! I am seeing the nurse for my intake appointment on Wednesday. I will get blood work done at the hospital and then the following week I will meet with the doctor. I hope then we will decide on a day to do my procedure (the tying of the cervix) so I can relax a bit. I'm nervous as I don't want things to go badly but at the same time, things feel different this time.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Mikie and I have been married 5 years today! He bought me a beautiful pair of earrings to go with my necklace that I received for christmas. We went to eat at Texas Roadhouse and Lane stayed with a babysitter (for the first time other than staying with family members) and between boughts of nausea we had a really nice time!
Here's to another great year! :)