Monday, January 26, 2009

25 things about me?!

Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)

1. There are certain things that only I can do. I hate to say that I do them right or better, but sometimes that is just the case, for instance, don't help me fold the laundry. I can't help myself, but if it isn't folded the way I do it, it's wrong. Poor Mikie, he tries to help, but half the time I refold things that he hands me. Most of the time, I don't even realize I've done it until it's done. It's not OCD, it's just a control thing!

2. I like to be planned. I like to know what's going to happen, when it's going to happen and how it's going to happen. I'm very much a schedule person. I can't just up and go do things on the fly. I don't like surprises b/c I can't plan for them.

3. I love to swim. When I'm swimming I feel like I'm flying or that I'm free. My body is weightless and I just have this feeling that nothing else can compare to. I can swim all 4 strokes and I can teach them. My favorite is the backstroke followed by the butterfly. I HATE the breaststroke b/c it's the only stroke that you remain flat while doing.

4. I hate mornings. I would stay up all night long if I could just sleep in the next morning. I seem to get so much more accomplished if I stay up late and get up later. Ugh!

5. My favorite HS experience was when I went to one of the teaching hospitals in Virginia for Bio II senimar class and we were able to "play" with a cadavar. Emily Lord and I were the only 2 girls that would get anywhere near the body. Who knew the lungs felt like a sponge? Who knew the heart slid all around in the paricardiam? It was the coolest thing every.

6. I wish that I didn't have a fear of blood. I would make a really good EMT. I'm really good in the heat of the moment. I can remain calm and rational. It's just ashame blood makes me nauseous!

7. I've done CPR before on a baby for 15 minutes. Unfortunately the baby had been gone too long and I wasn't able to save her. She and I shared the same birthday and her name started with a D (Denise).

8. I am a crafter. I love to knit, crochet and scrapbook. I don't sew well though and hope that one day I can get better at it!

9. I would like to go skiing one day! I hate the snow, but want to go skiing atleast once!

10. When I get mad/angry/upset, I get quiet. Not b/c I might explode but b/c I don't want to say or do anything before I have a chance to think about it. This sometimes drives people crazy when they want to hash out the issue right then and there.

11. I am OCD when it comes to my bed. The blankets/sheets cannot be hanging off the bed. My feet can NOT hang out of the covers at the end of the bed. If the bed is not made right, I have to take it apart and make it up again. This drives my hubby crazy b/c he'd be just fine with a fitted sheet and to curl up under one blanket, even if his feet stick out!

12. I'm always cold. My hands and feet are the first thing to be cold. Once that happens, it's over!

13. I was diagnosed with endometriosis at the age of 21. I have been complaining about it since I was 16 when my appendix mysteriously went "bad" and had to be removed. Endo on the appendix maybe?

14. I was a band dork! I spent middle school and high school in the band and the marching band. My mom had me in piano lessons at age 5. I wish I stayed with it b/c I love the piano!

15. I never took an art class in high school. I didn't decide until after my first semester of college that I wanted to be an art major. I can't draw, but I can create some really neat things on the computer!

16. Snakes give me the heebie-geebies. I can't function when I see one. I get hot and shaky. I have no idea why.

17. My house is always a mess. It doesn't matter how many times I vaccum or how many times I pick up toys. You will find toys and dog/cat hair in my house!

18. I want to adopt a kiddo one day! My sister is adopted from South Korea and it was the coolest experience.

19. I want to do barrels in a rodeo one day. I'd even like to try pole bending and roping, even just for fun.

20. I suck at crossword puzzels. I'm just not good at riddles.

21. Harry Potter was the first fantasy book I'd ever read.

22. Math and Science are my worst subjects. I LOVE science but I had to work really hard in those two areas in school.

23. I swam with the manatees in Flordia with my family right after my freshmen year in HS. I Loved it. I'd love to swim with the dolphins next. If they'd let me, I'd even swim with the Killer whales!

24. I will never understand why my hubby gets up at 4am, in the freezing cold to go hunting. I guess hunting to my husband is like the thrill I get over new yarn.

25. I love yarn. I have bags upon bags of yarn. Sometimes I buy it without having a project in mind. Half of the yarn I currently have, I have no idea what to do with. I knit a lot of charity but I can't seem to use up what I have before more accumulates.

~danielle~

No comments: