Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Apparently, doctor's don't know everything!

I was really nervous most of today. I had mikie go with me to the doctors. I was really worried/concerned on what he would tell me. I felt like I needed him there incase there was more bad news.

The set me up in the ultrasound room. I meet Dr. Gaskins for the first time and I REALLY like him. He spent the time reading my files from yesterday's visit as well as my last pregnancy (from my old doctor). He listened to me and was very nice about how he explained things and was trying to make sense of everything.

He finally came to the conclusion that the ER doctor's were incorrect. I did NOT lose a twin. I was actually bleeding from the cervix and NOT the uterus. My cervix was completely closed and there wasn't any fluids leaking from it. He said my cervix was VERY swollen. He did my pap and said he had a hard time getting a good sample b/c I bled when he use the swab. He decided to cauterize my cervix to help control the bleeding. We did an ultrasound and the baby was measuring right on schedule. The baby was moving "vigoriously" as the doctor put it and felt reasonably sure the baby was ok at this point in time.

He scheduled me an appointment in 4 weeks to have another ultrasound done to make sure he still didn't see any problems.

I really liked him. He was gentle and very willing to listen to me, my thoughts and my feelings. He also gave me an ultrasound picture, which sealed the deal :)

So. I have to relax the next few days and watch for bleeding. Take it easy all that good stuff. So here's to bigger smiles and better days.

~danielle~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will continue to pray for you and the baby.

Reimani said...

Wow ok I need to read from top to bottom...I'm so glad to hear they were wrong!