Thursday, May 21, 2009

Got my eyes tested!

It has been about 2 years since I've had my eyes tested. My contacts were all gone and I don't remember the last time I had new glasses. Lane and I made the trip to Waskom to Lester Eye associates because they took medicaid. What I failed to find out was exactly what medicaid would pay for.

They don't take appointments so I packed a small bag of toys/busy items and a drink to keep Lane busy. I wanted to be sure he wasn't running around crazy if we had to wait or while I did my eye tests. We arrived around 11 and were very happy to find out we were the only ones there!

I found out that medicaid only pays for an eye glass appointment and eye glasses. BAH!!! So I had to fork out 119 for 6 months of contacts and a contact appointment. I did my glacoma test (my grandfather has it) and my pressures came back great. They took me back and let me pick out a simple pair of glasses.

I did my eye tests and found that my eyes are only slightly worse. Instead of being -.75, they are both -1 now. Not too bad I guess. I was able to get a pair of contacts which are good for a month or so. My other contacts and glassses should be in the end of next week.

I just hate to spend money we really don't have. But I have to be able to see and the more I think about it 119 for an exam, glasses and 6-12 months worth of contacts really isn't bad. The doctor also told me that when my contacts ran out, if I didn't feel my vision had changed, I could just order more contacts, they aren't really picky about that.

So I guess all in all, I came out ahead, this just wasn't the week to spend that kind of money. We had hoped to go to San Antonio this weekend, but if Mikie has the work, we can't turn it down. I'm not sure what we'll do. Money is so tight, I hate to spend any. We may just have to stay home!

All we can do is what we can do!

~danielle~

No comments: