Thursday, April 2, 2009

The effects of Benadryl!

I don't usually take Benadryl b/c of the weird side effects it has on me. But being pregnant, I don't have a lot of options and during allergy season, I have to take what I can get! So I've been taking my Zyrtec at night and usually in the mornings I wake up and I'm sneezy, runny nose, itchy/watery eyes and I just can't stand that. So I eat breakfast and then take a benadryl.

Well today I got those weird side effects. I was almost dazed and confused! It's such a horrible feeling. Mikie worked today (praise the lord!) so I had to suck it up until rest time. By 2, I could barely keep my eyes open! Lane went into his room for rest time and I went and laid on the bed. The next thing I know the phone is ringing and it's 4!!! Poor Lane. I didn't mean for him to spend 2 full hours in there. He played, read his new library books and didn't make a big mess. What a good boy!

So yeah, benadryl is a blessing and a curse! I see the allergy doctor tomorrow and hope that maybe there is something else I can do as well. I can't keep taking the benadryl when Mikie's not home b/c I don't always have the luxury of laying down for a good nap. I need to be alert and aware with a 4 year old running around. Ugh.. Allergies!

~danielle~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When my wife was pregnant she was advised not to take allergy medication. We discovered a liquid ioniser that has made her symptoms so much reduced