Sunday, August 16, 2009

Still no baby!

Today I am 38w3d pregnant. I had Lane at 38w2d!!! I was hoping Julie would make her grand appearance early, but I'm starting to feel like I might be pregnant forever! I know that's silly since my c-section is scheduled for Friday, August 21st at 7:30am, but....Friday seems so far away! Sleeping has become very hard. I'm up every hour because I either have to pee or my joints/limbs hurt or go numb. It's a pretty bad feeling. I try to catch sleep whenver I can!

Mom and dad left for Cancun today! They have joked all along that she would make her appearance now that they have left the states! LOL. A friend of mine and Mikie's also has the same due date and she decided that 8-17-09 (monday) would be a good day to have the babies. 8 minus 17 equals 9. That makes it easy for us to remember! She's 6 hours ahead of me (in england) so it's time for her to get moving. I'll take my walk tonight and hope that all works out!

Lane has been very curious about how the baby is going to come out. We've told him some of it, like that they will give mommy medicine and mommy wont feel anything, but that when he comes to visit, there will be some tubes and such in mommy's arm and mommy might be really tired. We don't want him to be scared when he comes to the hospital. He understands that mommy will have to stay there for about 3 days. He asked if they were going to cut a "door" into my belly, which yes, in a sense they are. Then he wanted to know if there would be a door knob on there! LOL. No door knob. Kiddos are so funny!

I think that we are about as ready as we'll ever be for Julie to get here. Lane has everything he needs to start school (the first day is August 24th). His daddy is going to take him and he's going to get to meet his teacher on Thursday night! He's counting down the "night sleeps" until this happens!

Lane is also completely potty trained! We have found that if we get him up around 11pm-midnight, before we go to bed and let him pee, he can stay dry the rest of the night. He is very pleased with himself and I'm glad he's finally able to tell his "friends" that he's potty trained! He's such a big boy! We are so proud of him!

Nothing else really new here. I post a lot on Facebook. Just trying to pass the time until something worth while happens!

Off to start dinner. We are having steak, baked potatoes and corn on the cob! We'll see how much I can truly eat!

~danielle~

No comments: