Sunday, November 16, 2008

Boy I don't like to be sick!

I've had this headcold for going on 3 weeks now. It has just taken up residence and refuses to leave! I guess I'm going to have to send an eviction notice or something! Geeez. Oh to breathe again! LOL!

Our church has collected 16 Samaritan purses. They are hoping to get to 25 by next Sunday. I turned mine in and was quite happy. I know a little girl out there will be quite thrilled with the items Lane and I put together for her. I don't think he quite gets the concept of giving yet, but that's ok. He will eventually!

The weather has turned colder so we're having to bundle up more! I dislike being cold. But maybe it's not so bad, I'll get more time in for reading and knitting since I'll be curled up more!

I'm mailing out a pair of gloves I knitted for Afghans for Afghans. They are collecting 300 pairs of mittens to send home with an Ambassador from Afghan. I think it's to show the love and the support the US has for the children there. They are purple! I was quite pleased with how they turned out!

We will be riding in the Jefferson and Harleton Christmas parades this year. It will be a lot of fun. I'll be exciting to see how he does in a parade envirnoment and with a lot of other ruckus going on! The Jefferson parade is at night at 6pm on December 1st. The Harleton parade is during the morning on December 13th at 11am. Both will be fun I'm sure!

I've put in a few applications to see about going back to work. I don't really want to, but I know we want/need to get the addition done and the area finished for the horse and Mikie works hard, but there's just so much that needs to be done. Maybe his dad will give him a raise or will split profit with him from time to time and I wont have to go back to work! LOL here's to that thought, right? One day he'll run the business and hopefully things wont always be so tight! We hope to start looking for land or a house this time next year. His red work truck will almost be paid off and we'll only have my car payment! Plus we hope the economy is better so we can get a good interest rate!

I finished reading Flying Changes by Sara Gruen. A very nice sequal to "Riding Lessons". I was pleased with the ending. I thought it a little strange that is was able to take in her ex-husband's and wife's new baby like that. But I guess when you've longed for another child and he has no other place to go, you do what you have to do. It'll be for the best because she is a wonderful, caring mother! Definitely a good read.

I started Courting Trouble by Deeanne Gist. I saw her speak at Books-alive 2008 at the church and just loved her. She's so inspiring when she speaks and I'm sure I'll feel the same way as I read her books!

Time to go curl up and relax for a bit. I'm getting cold! I took a 4 hour nap today (not on purpose) so I'm no where near ready for bed at 9:30pm!

~danielle~

No comments: