Thursday, July 23, 2009

Baby shower and other odds and ends!

I had my baby shower last Saturday! It was really nice! We received lots of really nice things. My mom, sister, karon and terri did a great job at the shower! I even had some unexpected guests show up! One of my best friends from childhood surpried me! It happened that she was meeting her ex-hubby to drop the boys off for their visit the same day and he lives in Katy, Tx (south of houston). So she made the extra 2 hour trip here to see me! I haven't seen Becky since our senior year in HS (and we didn't go to the same high school). I'll get some pictures put up soon!

Julie's room is painted and I got her crib and bedding put up today! The room color is "muslin wrap" and it's really pretty with the bedding. I need to get curtain rods and mini blinds this weekend so we can put the curtains up. We are going to Target this weekend to exchange a few items and buy a dresser and a few other odds and ends that I'd like to have.

Karon bought Mikie a camo diaper bag. It's so cute. It has a fawn on the front and it says "daddy's baby" on it. She also got him a camo onsie with booties and a hat. The onsie has ruffles on the booty and around the collar. It's really cute!

I am hoping to get the rest of the things done this weekend so that I'll be ready when Julie decides to make her grand appearance! I packed her diaper bag with a couple of newborn items/outfits and some 0-3 month stuff. I'll be in the hospital for 3 days or so, there will be lots of time for dress-up!

I need to work on my 2nd baby shower thank you cards. I finished my first baby shower thank you cards. I still have a few to give out though!

I'm 35weeks today! We're getting closer! She is spending a lot of time up in my ribs and in my lungs. It makes it really hard to breathe sometimes. Its amazing how much space she can take up! There isn't much room left in my belly! Indigestion is really bad too these days. Ugh. I've started having Braxton hicks. Just a few in the evenings it seems. I'm so glad I don't have to go through labor again!

Not too much longer..

~danielle~

No comments: