Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Motor Mouth and other stuff.

I finished Motor Mouth last night by Janet Evanovich. It's the 2nd in the Barnaby series (Metro girl being the first). I liked it. It's not nearly as good as the Stephanie Plum series, but it had some good LOL moments. I don't think Mikie quite got it though. Figures. I really think he thinks I'm crazy when I have those moments. I try to read them to him, he just smiles and nods..whatever that means.

I started "Savannah by Savannah" by Denise Hildreth. It was on one of Kathy Patrick's booklists and it looks good. She's got some really good books in her book and also in her bookclub. She's really made me read "outside the box", for me atleast.
The book "Electroboy: Memoir of Mania" I would of NEVER picked up on my own. But once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. It was just amazing, to be inside someone's head (literally at times) like that. It's outside my way of thinking.

So on to another good book she's recommended. She hasn't led me astray yet. That reminds me, I need to call her, I need to get my hair done again (yes she's also my hairdresser).

The house is in pieces since we are working on this addon. We can't find an exact match to the panneling that is in the living room (which I totally hate). So I'm not sure what we're going to do. We didn't want to redo the living room. For now there's just a missing piece and a whole that looks into the will be computer room. Ahhh the adventures in additions continues.

~danielle~

No comments: