Friday, February 29, 2008

Keep us in your prayers!

Last night I was shopping with my mom and sister for a few groceries. I was in the checkout line when I felt like something wasn't right. I told mom and caiti to head to the car with the groceries (travis and lane were waiting in the car) and I would meet them out after I went to the restroom.

Upon going to the restroom I realized I had heavy bleeding and a lot of clotting. I immediately called my mom on her cell phone. I asked her to buy me some pads and I needed to get to the hospital. We decided the best course was to call the ambulance.

I was not having any pain just a lot of bleeding. I was taken to Baptist Medical Hospital in San Antonio. I waited 3.5 hours to see a doctor. I ended up having to have a BUNCH of blood taken (enough they had to do it in 2 different veins), a urine test, 3 different sonograms (1 trans vaginal and 2 on the belly). In the end I had to have a catheter placed so they could fill my bladder up enough to move the bowels out of the way.

They were able to find the baby. Baby Woods measures exactly 6w today (due date is now October 23rd), and had 114 HB per minute. We aren't sure why I had the heavy bleeding/clotting and no cramping. But I am now considered high risk for the next 6 weeks and I am to see the doctor asap on Monday morning (which I've made the appointment).

We're not out of the woods yet (no pun intended). So just keep us in your prayers. We know ultimately if it's meant to be, we'll continue to do fine, but if not, there wont be any controlling it.

Thanks!

~danielle and baby woods~

No comments: