Thursday, May 8, 2008

Prayer Shawl ministries!

On Tuesday I went to a meeting at church and we are starting a prayer shawl ministry. I took my nana with me even though she doesn't go to our church, but I thought it might be something nice for her to go and do. It was just up the road for an hour and I knew she needed the time away from her "crazy" house. Poor nana.

I decided I wanted to try crocheting a prayer shawl. I haven't done much with crochet but I thought it might do me some good. So I brought my knitting needles and crochet hooks, firguring if someone wanted to learn to knit I could show them while we were there. I took some caron simply soft white yarn to start with.

I am doing ok so far! I like to crochet. It's much faster. I'm a bit slow at it though, after watching some of the women. But it's coming along nicely.

I'll post pictures when I'm done. I'm almost finished with 1 skein of yarn (it takes around 3).

~danielle~

No comments: