Friday, May 9, 2008

The perfect mother's day gift.. From one mother to another.

A wonderful Mother's day gift!

So I was in church last week and it was my first week back since I lost the baby. So I knew it might be a little hard as people would ask me questions and I was prepared to handle them.After church I went down to the nursery to get Lane (he loves it there) and I was approached by a woman I knew a little bit named Kathy Patrick. She came up to me with tears in her eyes and told me that she wanted me to do something for her. She explained to me that her mother disowned her last year on mother's day and this year was going to be really tough on her. She knew that no gift or anything she could do for her mom would change things so she wanted to do something for me! She handed me her card and said I would love to do your hair for you for mother's day! I was in shock because that was the exact thing I had asked Mikie and Lane to do for me for mother's day.

So I made an appointment and went last night at 5 to get my hair done. She did some beautiful highlights and a nice cut (took about 5 inches off) and we talked and I met her girls. It was a wonderful 2 hours. I found out we have a lot in common! She was a lifeguard, she played the clarinet in band and in marching band plus she was an art major in college.It was really wonderful.

So the moral of my story is, it's nice to do something for someone else. Kind of like a pay it forward thing.

Also if you're ever in Jefferson (or leave here) and have not visited Beauty and the Book (across from farmer's and next to the old texaco brick building) you should stop in and see all that she has to offer.If you're looking to get your hair done sometime, she's absolutely wonderful and a good christian woman!

Just thought I would share my wonderful Mother's day experience from one mother to another!

~danielle~

No comments: