Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Out of touch!

I have been out of touch with my blog! It seems that my body isn't doing as well this pregnancy (but definitely better than last) than with Lane. My iron levels are low and iron pills make me so sick! So I seem like I'm tired a lot more. I seem to spend more time curled up in bed reading a book or curled up on the couch watching a movie. My energy level is just zapped. I try to nap whenever I can.

The weather has been horrible here. I know there are people just praying for rain, but we are ready to ship it away. This is the first time in a long time I've been really concerned about paychecks and finances. It isn't feasible for me to go to work b/c the cost of child care is crazy here. I am currently employed by the Jefferson ISD as a substitute teacher, but after some figuring and thinking, it just isn't working well. I only get paid once a month. I have to pay the daycare weekly. By the time taxes are taken out and the daycare is paid, I'm lucky to come home with 45-50 bucks a day (if it's a teaching job, less if I'm just an aid). So I've only worked one day, when Mikie was home and was able to keep Lane. The rain has been so bad here the last 3 weeks. Mikie has worked 4 days in 12 possible work days. I try not to stress over it b/c I know it isn't good for me, or the baby and it's not as though Mikie can help the weather. I just hope, and pray that the weather gets better and he's able to start working again.

On to a happier note, we were finally able to put the new flooring in a couple of weeks ago. We had started our addition a year ago this past january. We first started by removing the deck. Two weeks ago we had vinyl floor put down in the new addition, the kitchen, bathroom, hallway and laundry area. I'm so excited to have real floors again. The house is almost presentable again! We still need to put down new carpet. That'll be next on the list! I also want to paint the panneling that is in the living room and hallway. My hope is that it will help to "lighten up" the rooms. That wood panneling just makes it feel so dark!

I have been doing a lot of reading again lately. I read "wizard's first rule" by terry goodkind. This is not normally a book I would pick up on my own, but was recommended to me by my hubby. There is also a mini-series "Legend of the seeker" currently airing on Fox and WGN and it caught my interest. The book was amazing. There are 12 (I believe) books in the series. I plan to pick up the next one in a few weeks. I'm currently reading the Flynn Brothers Trilogy by Heather Graham. The first book, "deadly night" was great! Heather Graham always manages to grab my attention and keep it!

My knitting has been a bit slower. It's harder to lay down and knit I guess, even more so when you're supposed to lay on your sides. I'm working on a few sections for oddball charity blankets. They will be donated to Linus Project in Longview, Texas. They will be used for CPS, Casa and local hopsitals, wherever the demand for them is.

I started feeling the baby move about a week ago. It was around week 17. I will be 19 weeks on Thursday. Almost half way! I don't remember Lane being so low! I feel like this skittle is kicking me in the bladder and the hip! Ahh. It's not hard enough for Mikie or Lane to feel yet, but it wont be long.

We hope to do a sonogram at the end of April/beginning of May. We have to pay for it so we are waiting until 22-24 weeks so we can have the best chance of finding out what we're having! I'm hoping for a girl, but my mother tells me I deserve all boys. Gee thanks mom!

With that, I'm going to go lay on the couch and watch the new nora roberts movie I DVR'd from Saturday, Midnight Bayou! I will try to update my blog a bit more often :)

~danielle~

No comments: