Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Update!

I've been pretty busy lately! I received my 2nd box from my secret swap pal and it was just wonderful. She made me some beautiful stitch markers, which was really nice as I didn't have many neat ones. She sent me some bath fizzers, which will really be nice to relax in as well as some candles and some no pudge fudge which turned out to be pretty darn good! She also included a knitting answer guide book which will be wonderful when I come up with some of those random questions of mine. I've got some pictures and I'll post them!

I have been knitting on my corsette-t! I started a couple of weeks ago and realize the size was off. I had to go up 3 needle sizes! I felt like that was a lot. It's coming right along and I can't wait to wear it. I'll post some pictures as well.

I've also got my alene camisole that I need to seam together and then pick up stitches to start knitting around the bottom of it. It's in purple and my first "lace" pattern. The corsette is my 2nd. I'm quite proud of my work!

I have yarn I want to dye here soon for my first sweater, which at this rate will be next year before it'll be ready for me to wear :) I also have an afgan kit that I received from knitpicks.com that I would like to knit up. I think it will really give me a chance to try out some different yarns.

I've also decided I want to knit a prayer/comfort shawl for mikie's nana. She's got her plate full these days, more than any grandmother should and I think she'll love it. It may turn out to be a christmas present, but I think she'll love it.

So that's what's going on with me. I still want to find a good tutorial/book to learn magic loop to be able to knit 2 socks at the same time. Lots to do, such a short time!

I'm signed up to participate in the secret theme swap on knittinghelp.com. I'm excited. I hope I get someone I can be totally creative with.... we will see though.

I'll try to get some pictures posted this week. So much going on :)

~danielle~

No comments: